- Ring All the Bells (O Bambino): the new Christmas single by NY PodCat
- Over 5000 listeners and viewers in less than a week (Update as of Dec 5th, 2023)
- The song is on Spotify and YouTube
- New versions
- About NY PodCat
- The making of Ring All the Bells (O Bambino)
- The get together and the recording remotely and bringing it all together
Ring All the Bells (O Bambino): the new Christmas single by NY PodCat
Christmas is on the horizon and NY PodCat is all set to put us in the mood. Just in time for the holiday season, husband-and-wife music duo NY PodCat release their new single, “Ring All The Bells (O Bambino)”. The track is a heartwarming and festive reimagining of the classic Italian song, and it’s sure to get you into the holiday spirit. The two collect the emotions in the memories of their familial ties, their musician craftsmanship, the spirit of Christmas in this tune to bring you an old classic revisited. Experience the new holiday tune full of the caroling spirit of Christmas. The single is available across the streaming services from November 28, 2023.
Over 5000 listeners and viewers in less than a week (Update as of Dec 5th, 2023)
Here it right here with a short from their music video!
If you don’t recognise the 60s rendition by Nancy Sinatra, don’t worry, it is purposeful. Li Mann wanted to reinvent the song, and infuse elements that brought it to the more popular and modern word. She kept 4 Italian words and a melody in the chorus that quench our and her nostalgia but reinvented the song to make it the melodic and caroling message of love that it is.
Non content to offer a new and fresh English song inspired from the Italian oldie, the band collaborated with singer/songwriter Bianca Madrid on a Spanish version ofthe single. The Spanish version is entitled “Suenan Campanos (O Bambino)” and will be released December 1, 2023 to streaming services by NY PodCat with Bianca Madrid.
About NY PodCat
NY PodCat is a dynamic music duo hailing from New York City. Their music seamlessly blends all manners of Pop, influenced by the 80s and 90s era. Their music captivate listeners with catchy melodies and heartfelt lyrics. With years of music making under their belt and a growing fanbase, NY PodCat is poised to make an indelible mark on the music industry. You can find out more about the pair, their inner joyous spirit and their humour in NY Podcat’s exclusive interview with 1 In Music.
The making of Ring All the Bells (O Bambino)
There is a Christmas spirit in the way the release itself was produced. The duo enlisted the help of other musicians, a lot of whom they e-met at a music retreat. This new way of recording remotely showcases that the spirit of Christmas knows no bounds and that spirits of love and togetherness are not a matter of physical closeness. The production team comprised of:
- Li Mann – writer, producer, arranger, percussion, lead and background vocals, as well as video producer and director
- Pete Sawchuk – co NY PodCat member, assistant producer, arranger, guitars, mandolin, banjo, assorted other instruments as necessary (digital tuba and accordion, for example), vocal arranging, background vocals
- Doug Wayne Holmquist – mixing engineer, mastering engineer, background vocals
- Bianca Madrid – Background vocals. Bianca Madrid is also the lead vocals and performs some of the background vocals on the Spanish version “Suenan Campanas (O Bambino)” to be released December 1st.
- Cat Ardoin – background vocals
- Harriet Reynolds – Background vocals
The get together and the recording remotely and bringing it all together
When asked how they all met, Li Mann remembers: