The Ivors announced their chosen Winners of this year’s Ivor Novello Awards at a London ceremony in London on the 19th of May 2022. Their website describes The Ivors with Apple Music as “the UK’s foremost celebration of creative excellence in British and Irish song writing and screen composition.”
- The Songwriter of the Year is Dave with his sophomore release We’re All Alone In This Together which topped the UK charts.
- I Love You, I Hate You won Best Contemporary Song for ‘’ Dean Josiah Cover better and professionally known as Inflo and Little Simz.
- Sam Fender took the award for Best Song Musically and Lyrically for Seventeen Going Under.
- Laura Mvula won Best Album with Dann Hume for Pink Noise.
Members of former band Cocteau Twin, Elizabeth Fraser, Robin Guthrie, and Simon Raymonde received the Visionary Award.
- Ed Sheeran does not miss a spot as usual, this time grabbing the PRS For Music Most Performed Work with Fred Again.. and Johnny McDaid, for their collaborative ework on music piece Bad Habits.
- Naomi Kimpenu was the under-25 songwriter who received the Rising Star Award with Apple Music for her debut EP Prelude.
- The Best Original Film Score recognised Daniel Blumberg for his work on The World To Come and the Best Television Soundtrack Arthur Sharpefor for drama Landscapers.
- Richard Jacques won Best Original Video Game Score for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
- The Ivors celebrated the works of Paul Heaton with the’Outstanding Song Collection.
- The PRS for Music Icon Award recognised two of rock’s most inspiring, influential, and identifiable songwriters – The Cure’s Robert Smith and Simon Gallup.
- Shakira picked up the Special International Award with Apple Music for her “global impact and songwriting achievements”.
- Finally, Peter Gabriel was honoured with the Fellowship of The Ivors Academy for “his outstanding contributions as a musician, innovator, humanitarian and songwriter”.