Submit your music – Unsolicited material
We already have our sources for music submission for interview, reviews, press release publishing and music videos features but if you want to bypass these, we have a set of services to help you request an interview, submit music articles including press releases, music videos and more. Simply check these gigs exclusively on Fiverr.
- Get an interview with 1inmusic.com Fiverr Gig: Professional Interview with 1 In Music.
- Get your music article posted on 1inmusic Fiverr Gig: Post your professionally written music article to 1 In Music e.g. press release.
- Get your music video featured on 1inmusic Fiverr Gig: Promote Your Music Video on 1 In Music.
- Get your banner ad up with us through this affordable Fiverr gig Fiverr Gig: Get Your Advertising Banner on 1 In Music
What is the catch?
Well to be accepted, your content has to be:
- Quality for music, video, and images. Most of the time, this means created professionally but we have had some quality amateur work. Music video must be HD quality and clear.
- Content has to be Appropriate: We categorically refuse content that is offensive, pornographic, incites to violence, illegal, immoral, or amoral.
- Content must be Factual: If you want your press release or other article to be published, please make sure that everything you say can be easily verified. You are releasing an album? Tell us where and we will check. We might decide to remove anything that cannot be proved and will definitely remove any link that later breaks. If more break, the article will cease to be removed from publication. Of course, reviews are based on personal opinions but reviews that show bias will be refused.
What is the process?
- You request an interview at Fiverr Gig: Professional Interview with 1 In Music
- We send you a template so that you can fill in the answers.
- You complete the questionnaire
- You send us:
- an 80-word (max) biography
- 1 quality landscape photo, about 600px wide by 300 high. This is so the image perfectly fits our layout and does not become badly cropped. We ask that the image does not contain words as they can be obstructive unless it is cover art. The image should not be distorted as it makes you look bad in the worse way. The photo format should be PNG or JPG format, both the best web-friendly quality image formats there are.
- 1 URL, preferably the artist’s website. Extras allow you to send more URLs, otherwise any additional one will be dismissed.
- Extras allow you to include music or video to embed.
- Request administration: we need to ensure we have the time to complete your request and whether your music adheres to our ethos. We reserve the right to refuse any content that is offensive, abusive, illegal or otherwise inappropriate in which case your money is entirely reimbursed.
- Edition: This is mostly used for non-native who are not fluent, to help their interview. But also, yes, we have to check that what is being said is actually true, for the sake of our own reputation, except of course for opinions. In particular, the bio needs reading, adapting to introduce the interview and a suitable title needs to be created.
- Proofreading: Yes, we completely and professionally get your work proofread to get rid of any orthographic, grammar, semantic or flow issues!
- Posting your website link: Yes, you get a dofollow link from our an Alexa-ranked website!… and you know the power of backlinks in digital promotion! You must note that we check website links all the time. If your website links break, we remove the link to it as we need to keep our website as great as possible for the sake of all the music professionals on it and the readers, and of course to preserve the accuracy of our magazine! It is obviously your responsibility to ensure that your website address is accurate and maintained. We also do not link to unprofessional or inappropriate websites.
- SEO-proofing: We make sure that your article is completely SEO-friendly: yes, we make sure that your title and description tags are thoroughly filled as well as your main SEO keyword.
- Image: We add your image to increase the effectiveness of the article and its promotional impact. If you get the feature extra, that image gets featured on the frontpage slider at 1inmusic.com.
Why do you get to pay, even though it is only from $10?
Hmm, that IS a good question. The first question to answer is how much does it cost us to look after this professional website and the associated social media accounts. It is obvious that the domain name, hosting, security, maintenance, administration, article proofreading / edition and publishing, Search engine optimisation (SEO), promotion and traffic are far from free. In addition, everything we do is done professionally, not using amateur design or cheap and deceiving traffic or likes. It is all done above board with quality and integrity.
The second question is where do we get the money to do just that and why do we not get it from people who do have more money? Well, people who have more money are great but no one invests in something they don’t control somehow. On many music companies, the major record labels have their brands and artists first and that is the choice of any business. To give you a voice as an independent artist (or even if you are not independent), it is better that we use a system of minimal payment. Contribution costs start at $10, 20% of which goes to securely processing the transaction (Fiverr). The rest goes to processing your request (if it refused – which rarely happens -, your money is entirely refunded, which is why we partnered with Fiverr who holds the money until you are satisfied). The processing includes editing, proofreading, fact-checking, SEO-proofing, title, categorisation, publishing, sharing, etc.
Each service (or Fiverr gig) starts at a minimum of $5, yes a mere $5. 20% is taken by Fiverr for the marketplace advantage including and not limited to secure financial transactions (including but by far not limited to SSL), exposure to millions of sellers (this means for you that you will also be able to find other magazines that can promote you), occasional features, review system, refund management, continual improvement.
Why 3E WebMedia?
3E Web Media are digital projects management specialists. They are responsible for the creation and deployment of this website. They are also responsible for the inception and current development of our highly interactive mobile counterpart to complement the currently-available normal mobile version of the website. We use them because their prices are very independent musician-friendly and their digital expertise is extremely comprehensive as demonstrated on their website, 3E Web Media: Digital Projects Management. Other services 3E Web Media offers include Website evaluation, website development, mobile development, music releases and of course online magazine development.